User's Co-operation is Solicited in the following matters :
- Silence is to be strictly observed.
- Smoking and eating is prohibited.
- Users are requested to avoid talking or discussion that will disturb other readers.
Reading halls are meant for individual study only.
- Care must be taken to see that the library walls, furniture and reading materials
are not spoiled/damaged/soiled in any way.
- Chairs and tables should not be disturbed from their position
- Readers are requested to switch off their Mobile phones.
- Users should avoid resting their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, window sills.
- Books and bound volumes should be handled with great care. Please avoid keeping
the volumes open on the table. or putting with their faces
- down, or inserting note books or pencils in between the pages and closing them.
Pages must not be folded to serve as book marks.
- Mutilation and disfiguring of pages of library materials by ink or pencil marks
- Defects found in the books and bound volumes taken out for reading or borrowing
should be brought immediately to the notice of the staff on duty.
- Books loaned should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECTS, etc.
- Loss of Borrower`s card to be reported immediately in writing.
- Change in Department, Status,Address etc. to be informed and the tickets corrected.
- Please handle documents with great care as they are costly and valuable,particularly
loose issue of periodicals.
Please do not mutilate documents.
- All books and if required, the contents of all briefcases, etc. which are being
taken out of the library, are subject to inspection at the Check Point.
- personal Papers and non-library materials should not be left unattended on tables.
- On violation of Library Rules or misconduct of any reader,the library authorities
can withdraw the library facilities to that particular individual.
Please Do :
- Sign the register kept at the Check point,While entering the library.
- Show the documents which are being taken out of the library,to the staff at the
- Contact the staff on duty/section staff for any queries.
- Keep the Library premises tidy.
Please do not :
- Waste more than half an hour to locate the documents. If you experience any difficulty
in locating the required material,Please contact the Library Staff/librarian.
- Move books/journals from its specific area to another area
- Replace the material: the library staff will do it for you. (Please remember the
document misplaced is document lost)
- Write in a book/journal unless it is your cheque book
- Give Photocopy coupons to out-siders
- Give borrowers cards to others.